Procurement Manager, Falkirk - £ Excellent plus attractive benefits
This is a rare opportunity for a senior Procurement professional with a high level of expertise to join our client's Falkirk site and establish a new stand-alone Procurement function.
* Responsible for the Procurement of all Materials and Services activities with a spend of c. £100m per annum and supporting capital investment of £500m.
* Set strategic objectives, challenge cost efficiency in all business activities and drive culture change across the business.
* Establish and maintain senior level relationships with key suppliers to influence alignment of strategies and priorities and match demand with availability of competent suppliers.
* Target cost savings and ensure performance measures are delivered and that services are maintained or improved.
* Ensure all activities are performed safely and in compliance with SHE legislation.
* Manage risk appropriately and ensure that strategies are put in-place in support of the business and operations teams.
Skills and Qualifications
* Degree level/CIPS professionally qualified
* Solid procurement leadership experience predominantly in manufacturing environments.
* Expert negotiating skills and experience of delivering multi £m contracts within product and services. Experienced in the contracting sector, national and local agreements.
* Good working knowledge of HSE legislation and regulatory environment.
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Highly developed strategic and tactical thinking.
Proven ability to drive cultural change.
Ability to think under pressure, to react quickly and to demonstrate leadership.
Ability to empower and motivate a team.
Logical and practical with ability to think laterally with advance troubleshooting skills.
Ability to distil complex problems into their key issues and to identify and prioritise options.
To apply, please submit your CV and one of our Senior Consultants will be in touch to discuss the role further with you before making an application on your behalf.
|Fenwick Consulting Ltd
93 George Street
Edinburgh, EH2 3ES
|Phone: 0800 228 9596
Fax: 0131 464 4876