Excellent new role for a NEBOSH qualified Health and Safety Manager with experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
Health & Safety
* Prime contact for HSE for site and key member of site H & S committee.
* Target areas for HSE improvement through the analysis of current performance, and the implementation of continuous improvement methods.
* Monitor for updates to H & S legislation via HSE regular emails, British Safety Council, etc.
* Write and update H & S procedures (using detail knowledge of legislation)
* Chair Safety Steering Committee
* Manage COSHH assessments
* Personally investigate serious accidents.
* Ensure Business Continuity and Incident Management plans are in place (& tested)
* Audit, monitor and review the implementation of QA policies, working practices, procedures and standards for all respective operations.
* Nominated Quality Management representative for ISO9001
* Provide and advise on appropriate site training as required.
* Co-ordinate all site audits and ensure training of onsite audit team
* Drive close out of issues and non-conformance. Support manufacturing teams in ensuring compliance and has responsibility for compliance and issue resolution relating to QA systems.
* Monitor completion of corrective/preventative actions
* Conduct major quality investigations.
* Monitor for updates to legislation via HSE emails, NetRegs, etc.
* Review, and approve updates to 'aspects and impacts'.
* Nominated Environmental Management representative for ISO14001.
* Review and propose updates to Environment and Energy policies.
* Manage internal environmental audit programme
* Assist with third party audits
* Monitor and review all environmental events ensuring all incidents and near misses are correctly reported, categorised and processed, and prior to incident close-out, ensure root causes for environmental events have been determined and any remedial actions closed out.
* Ideally hold the NEBOSH Diploma (NEBOSH General Certificate may be considered).
* Previously managed H& S in a prior role
* Experience of managing H & S in a manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
* Detailed knowledge of ISO9001 standard
* Detailed knowledge of environmental management and of ISO 14001 or other EMS.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving approach.
* Highly effective communicator at all levels.
Then please send yoru CV ASAP!
|Fenwick Consulting Ltd
93 George Street
Edinburgh, EH2 3ES
|Phone: 0800 228 9596
Fax: 0131 464 4876