Senior Manager - Warehouse and Inventory Management Systems - Surrey
Our client are a global company with major international clients and a developing on line offering. Their products are sold in over 100 countries from China to Europe, from Africa to the Americas.
This is a new role to be responsible for the company's Global Inventory and Warehouse Management Systems, including JDA/Red Prairie, Warehouse control and automation systems and inventory management systems in EMEA.
To manage the implementation of JDA WMS and manage global Oracle EBS implementation of Inventory Management in EMEA Distribution Centres and support global company growth by participating in the planning and implementation of new warehouse systems
Global Travel will be required.
* Lead and manage a small team to support global inventory and warehouse management applications
* Lead and coordinate global JDA WMS upgrade project for Tier 1 DCs in Budapest, Liege and Fareham
* Implement Oracle IM for company run and 3PL warehouse operations
* Analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing business processes, systems, and technologies used by the DCs
* Develop strategies for improving and/or leveraging the systems
* Consider business implications of the application of technology to the business environment
* Define the 7/24 support model for all warehouse systems within the broader Information Services team and partners
* Develop and maintain a long term strategy and roadmap for the evolution of warehouse systems and automation
* Develop planned upgrades, interdependencies, and vendor contacts
* Partner with Operations and Senior Distribution Management to improve operations using value add systems.
* Maintain a line of sight to business initiatives requiring strategic systems planning.
* Provide Local or Regional input to Global Business System projects.
* Manage the standard global release cycle, including analysis, design, test, implementation, support and documentation.
* Facilitate cooperation and knowledge sharing with end users and other Business Analysts to ensure a global system
* Communicate and apply project standards.
* Consistently deliver high-quality services to the logistics user community.
* Plan and lead testing, implementation, training, support and documentation activities for local projects
* Assist developers, internal and external, through provision of functional specifications and technical walk through
* Provide reporting to project management on Project progress and issues
* Develop and implement the quality management system and maintain its quality and effectiveness
* Communicate to the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
* Maintain extensive contact with employees and external business partners and vendors.
* Experienced managing large/complex global Warehouse Management projects and teams
* Be familiar with Red Prairie/JDA, Warehouse Control & Automation Systems & Oracle Inventory Management
* Experience with Baan, Oracle EBS, or other equivalent ERP systems
* Experience of managing and executing large and smaller scale warehouse management systems projects.
* Strong team management experience with ability to develop a high performing team
* Excellent project management methodology skills
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Manufacturing & Packaging knowledge and experience
* Prior experience in a related management and technology position
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
* BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Basic to £100k plus 15% bonus, car allowance, pension
Interested? Then please send your CV ASAP and one of our senior consultants will call you to discuss in detail.
|Fenwick Consulting Ltd
93 George Street
Edinburgh, EH2 3ES
|Phone: 0800 228 9596
Fax: 0131 464 4876