Buyer - Materials - Midlothian
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Buyer with a thorough knowledge of procurement including sourcing, commercial negotiation, supplier management and inventory management to join a leading manufacturer.
* Negotiate with suppliers of products / materials / services
* Analyse MRP reports, internal of-line reports, and other sources as necessary to identify purchasing requirements
* Control inventory levels of raw materials, and minimise wherever possible to maximize working capital and warehouse
* Reduce supplier quality issues in number and value, and ensure recovery of all rework costs while ensuring continuity of supply
* Monitor and improve suppliers' performance
* Minimise number of stock lines via rationalisation suggestions
* Develop awareness of new materials, suppliers, and processes; arrange supplier swatch books and sample materials as necessary
* Identify and minimise obsolete and slow moving raw material stocks through annual or ad hoc disposal routines
* Be aware of, and implement, FSC and Packaging Waste compliance needs
* Assist with stocktaking and sample checking.
* Maintain updated supplier price lists What background is needed to fulfill this role
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment ideal but not essential.
* MRP experience and knowledge along with procurement.
Graduate level education or equivalent experience.
Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
Ability to convince others and influence outcomes
Highly analytical with the ability to confidently understand and use MRP systems.
Naturally comfortable in a fast moving and dynamic production environment.
Proven ability to work within agreed budgets and timescales.
* £Competitive salary
* 34 days holidays
* Pension scheme
* Free Parking
Please submit your CV ASAP and one of our consultants will be in touch with more information.
|Fenwick Consulting Ltd
93 George Street
Edinburgh, EH2 3ES
|Phone: 0800 228 9596
Fax: 0131 464 4876